The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 

Sonic Unleashed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3626

PostSubject: Sonic Unleashed   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:11 pm

the sega's team new game for sonic. unlike my other reviews i have to be a little bit more picky about this one. one thing that i want to point out is the fact that when the game was leaked back in march that many games sites said that this would bring sonic back to his glory days. what happen to sonic i did not know that he was not still on top i guess the sonic the hedgehog for PS3 and XBox 360 killed him or something. (off topic) anyway this game was out for the Wii, PS2, PS3, and Xbox. game play is the same in both the wii and ps2 version but not the ps3 and xbox. the very funny thing about the two is the xbox and ps3 was called a waste of money and scored lower than the ps2 wii game. the reviews for the wii and ps2 were much higher and praised a lot more. but why is this? i will post the video of the wii/ps2 review and the xbox/ps3 review later. my review is for the wii game only.

the start of the game a small clip plays that tells you how the world split apart and sonic got his new power. the werewolf werehog was a bold step to give the sonic a new look. if only other game maker wold make a bold step also. the begining starts off that eggman has finally gotten the chaos emeralds that he uses them to rule the world....... right? WRONG! instead he breaks apart the world to awake a monster that has been asleep for 1000's of years (why is 1000 year almost always used in game for big bad monsters scratch ) in breaking apart the world eggman plans on useing the monsters powers to....... build a theme park confused (note to self when u rule the world build a theme park) anyway sonic now has the powerless emeralds and must find a way to fix the planet and restore the emeralds. sonic then find some small creature that has lost his memory but promised to aid him in any way he can. latter on chip (as sonic calls him) was in fact a big help to him. the game play of normal sonic IS SUPER FAST!!!!! the first stag goes by really fast almost 3 mins but dont worry u will play the same stage over 3-4 times doing something different each time like collect 100 rings or end with no damage etc. so the stages are fun to play as normal sonic but they go by so fast and at the end of the stage ur ranked by how fast you did it. so if the stage was not fast enough now u have to make it faster? its like saying you had to beat the great maze in SSBB in under 5 mins its almost impossible. now the werehog sonic was very cool at first then it started to get old and long. the stages were longer and different each time. this time it moved at a slower past and not pressed for time like the normal sonic.

the "world map" was divided into 7 stages each place as named after a real place on earth (empire city=new york Holaska= Alaska) in the wii and ps2 you would start off in a village and click on people to talk to and get info to get to ur next mission however in the xbox/ps3 you walked around in the village and talked and explored it. also one more major different between the 2 was the villages were named differently but still meant the same. (so much more i could write but im going to stop for now)

Presentation: the small clips were great but after some clips would stop and have read text. this confused me but in the end did not matter. for the video clips the voice acting was great with no problems at all 9.2

Graphics: another thing about the wii/ps2 and the xbox/ps3 was the graphics. the cities in the ps3 looked as real as could be so y not the wii??? i know that they can do it but y not add it? this gets a low score due to the fact that it could of been added but y was it not 8.2

Sound: this game had also added real recorded music. the music gave it a better tone to it and added the mood for each stage 9.0

Gameplay: it is easy to play depending on the controller u use the classic controller is by far the hardest to use, the the GC and wiimote are the easiest. the hardest part so far has been the final and TRUE final boss but the controllers are weird and unlike other games you can not change the control option like in brawl so this to gets a low score 8.0

Lasting Appeal: eh not to sure if this game will keep u playing after u beat it due to the fact that i have not beat it yet. 9.0

OVERALL: the game does have its problems with the weird controls and the fact that the stages are not even for both normal and werehog sonic but with the small problems this is still an ok game if your looking for something new try this game out if you just want a super speed sonic only buy the sonic the hedgehog game on the VC 8.6

StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:35 am

comparison in reviews

ign wii/PS3

i do not agree 100% with this review at the end when he said that all u do during the werehog stage is brawl not true the most that u do fight is the boss llevels and the controls ARE better if u use the wiimote but no Rolling Eyes

this guy just KILLED the game he could not find anything at all good with the game. not only that but he would not cut the sonic team some slack with the new idea of the werehog idea just said no its a failure end of story i guess i keep an open mind on game and give it a better score than it is. i guess that ign would never hire me. Razz

Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:19 pm

First off, I have to say your review was HILARIOUS Jody...especially the bit about the theme park....lol

But yeah, this game really did catch my interest because of the traditional daytime levels...i think the fact that they're a lot like the old games actually makes me want to try it, and i haven't tried a Sonic game since Sonic 3D blast! I guess it's just nice to see they've actually made a decent Sonic game for once...it's been years after all...

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:48 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
First off, I have to say your review was HILARIOUS Jody...especially the bit about the theme park....lol

But yeah, this game really did catch my interest because of the traditional daytime levels...i think the fact that they're a lot like the old games actually makes me want to try it, and i haven't tried a Sonic game since Sonic 3D blast! I guess it's just nice to see they've actually made a decent Sonic game for once...it's been years after all...

im glad u liked it i wanted to add a little bit of humor into the super long post that i had Razz

also i have finished the game and now im working on all the hidden items now

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:09 pm

Haven't played yet, but if you want a good sonic game for the wii, take a stab at Secret Rings, much more fun I think, the only time you become an alternate sonic is at the end and even then that's just for the true final boss fight, plus you can go blisteringly fast, one of the earlier levels in it, once I had gotten every speed powerup possible, went by in less than 2 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   

Back to top Go down

Sonic Unleashed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1