The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 

I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:57 pm

I was looking at youtube recently and stumbled across a game called I Wanna Be The Guy claiming to be near impossible - it is. in fact, it's not that long, just the difficulty factor is so high that you MUSThave a degree of patience to even get to the second save point.
in short, you play a small kid who goes on an epic quest because he "wants to be 'the guy'". you go through hundreds of screens (there aren't levels as such, just save points) and fight several bosses. it combines all the major gaming legends - link, metroid, megaman, street fighter, castlevania etc. all you have is a double jump and gun with unlimited ammo. anything and everything can kill you - it advises you to not take anything for granted. there are four difficulty level: medium - which is the "easiest" but your character hsa a little pink bow and thsave points are marked as 'wuss' so that can be missed, hard - which is the one most people do and can still be beat, very hard - which is simply, very hard, and impossible: in which there are no save points so it's really just a survival game.
be warned: this game is EXTREMELY hard - you will die thousands of times over(the guy playing the video below had his death count at about 1700) and not many people can complete it let alone get to the first boss
here is a video showing the first part of it and a link where you can download it FOR FREE

IWBTG download -FREE- N.B. clck the link that says IWBTG beta build(slomo) and then click free user
if you ever get stuck (and you will) just go a youtube channel called bizkit047 who has a complete walkthrough. he also coincedentally play brawl and is amazing at it
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Holy hell....I just watched all 10 parts of it, that's got to be the ultimate game ever! Honestly, screw the people who focus on beating MGS4 on expert or whatever, 2D games always have the highest difficulty level, that was crazy, I may even dust off the old windows laptop that I'm only keeping around for Crayon Physics Deluxe and all of the other indie games that the developers never can be bothered to put on mac.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:36 am

I actually beat it on February 19th, 2008 (I was so relieved in beating it that I memorized the date). The final boss and Mother Brain were extremely difficult, but I had problems with all of the bosses.
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:51 pm

which one is the Mother Brain?
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:05 am

From Metroid, it was at the end of a room and you had to dodge a bunch of other things while you shot it.
Back to top Go down
l33tsmasher

Number of posts : 221

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:57 pm

we should have a competition on who can beat it the fastest!

btw firegremlin, your signature thing offends me >.>

jk
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:33 am

Cherry_T_Kirby wrote:
we should have a competition on who can beat it the fastest!

btw firegremlin, your signature thing offends me >.>

jk
hmm...beating it th fastest will take ages for most of us...why not furthest reached through impossible mode (no save points, only one life)
loving the name change
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Currently, on hard mode, I have beaten the kraid thing, Bowser and Mike Tyson, but now I'm at the Ghouls and Ghosts part, it's hell, pure, utter hell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:21 pm

The graveyard level wasn't that hard for me. The only really difficult part I remember was the small passageway with the spikes moving up and down.

I never had too much troubles with the levels in general. It's the bosses I had problems with.
Back to top Go down
l33tsmasher

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:41 pm

i got stuck at tetris... Sad ... IM STUCK AT MECHA BIRDO NOW!!!!! fskin lazahz...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:34 am

KingKlepto2 wrote:
The graveyard level wasn't that hard for me. The only really difficult part I remember was the small passageway with the spikes moving up and down.

I never had too much troubles with the levels in general. It's the bosses I had problems with.

YES, that's the part of it that is currently pure hell, I mean I beat the Kraid thing, I beat Tyson, I beat Bowser but this one passageway is taking more of a toll than any of them. FYI, Cherry and I spent a hilarious 2 hours a few days ago on skype as we played this, it was funny hearing one another complaining, we both were so happy just to have gotten past Mike Tyson, the whole thing was a stitch.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator

Number of posts : 2105

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Youtube is finally working for me again, so I finally checked out this vid to see the game Fire claimed was so difficult, and my thoughts are..... affraid

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Out of curiousity, can you just play it off the web? Do you have to download it to your computer or give your e-mail address, or something like that? If all you do is play it might be easier to talk mom into it (or cheat and bypass her....probably not a good idea, lol, but she would probably be more open to it if there's nothing like that....)

The war to end all Waaars is coming.

R.I.P.qjr!

The Grim(lin) reaper has come!

Jordan.....Prepare for the Geno-cide!

We shall Battle and you shall Cry!

I'm SmashedBrother, but your Smashed Brothers!

Nobody messes with Texas!
Back to top Go down
l33tsmasher

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:55 pm

look! videos of me and my friend playing iwbtg! hope you enjoy!

Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3626

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:27 pm

lol! lol! lol! and more lol! your videos on that are sooooooooooooo funny

l33tsmasher

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:46 pm

why thank you very much jordan! =D
Back to top Go down
waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Man personnally I wouldn't have tried that much lol!
I would have been like
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
SmashedBrother
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:56 pm

LOL! I really need to talk to mom about whether or not I can play this game....I just keep forgetting.

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.....unless you're playing IWBTG"

~SmashedBrother Wink

R.I.P.qjr!

Back to top Go down
l33tsmasher

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 pm

nice quote smash! did you make it by yourself? thats pretty creative. the video wouldnt be as good if my friend wasnt there so most of the credit goes to my friend which doesnt have an account here but he should!!!!
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Cherry_T_Kirby wrote:
nice quote smash! did you make it by yourself? thats pretty creative. the video wouldnt be as good if my friend wasnt there so most of the credit goes to my friend which doesnt have an account here but he should!!!!

Well in that case, Yes! Yes, I did (insert rapidly nodding smilie). Lol! I seriously did.

Well then, GET HIM OVER HERE!!! Very Happy

R.I.P.qjr!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.   

Back to top Go down

I Wanna Be The Guy - the hardest game E.V.E.R.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1