The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!
 
HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 
 

 worst character in brawl?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:40 am

Since Mario is one of my sub-mains, I really don't get why everyone says he's the worst character in Brawl, the only way people justify that claim is that he has F.L.U.D.D, which is the weakest argument I've ever heard off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

avatar

Number of posts : 2366
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:59 am

I dont think Ganon is so bad. I do beat alot of people with him so I guess even if he's not in top of the list he still is good enough. But he does have some problem agaisnt faster characters but still he is good. You just need to know how the character plays and you opponent also.I remember alot of people didnt like playing yoshi because of his recovery but when you know how to play with him you dont really need it :p. The worst I would say is jiggly cuz he has some moves that make him really vulnerable after missing it
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:29 am

waaar81 wrote:
I dont think Ganon is so bad. I do beat alot of people with him so I guess even if he's not in top of the list he still is good enough. But he does have some problem agaisnt faster characters but still he is good. You just need to know how the character plays and you opponent also.I remember alot of people didnt like playing yoshi because of his recovery but when you know how to play with him you dont really need it :p. The worst I would say is jiggly cuz he has some moves that make him really vulnerable after missing it

Every single character has that, if a character wasn't vulnerable from missing an attack, they'd be far too overpowered.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

avatar

Number of posts : 2366
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:25 am

Well I think Jiggly is one of the worst in that area. Im talking about the b moves.
But I forgot to say that Samus went really down in quality n this game. She was one of my mains before
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:35 pm

They really cut Samus down...not even her blaster is worth much like it used to be. But I'm going to have to continue my argument against Mario. Mario is an abomonation, and I'm not just referring to F.L.U.D.D. It's the fact that they took the tornado from him, AND the fact that his FS is utter crap. I said it before and I'll say it again. Why play as Mario when you have Luigi? There's just no good reason. Wink

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
waaar81

avatar

Number of posts : 2366
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Well the FLUDD has a lot of good uses when someone tries to come back and uses his up B then you just use the fludd to stop them but of course it doesnt work agaisnt all of them and you need to charge the thing and since I always prefered Luigi over Mario I still thin that Luigi is way better
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:07 pm

OK, that's still not a valid argument, since he does still have his tornado in his moveset and his Final Smash only counts if you're actually using smash balls.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 pm

He does a half-spin which doesn't equate to much. Luigi's tornado is essential to playing him. The only up-side Mario has is his fireballs, which don't mean much. And let us not forget Luigi's instant KO attack. Another reason why Luigi is a must-play between the two of them.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:34 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
He does a half-spin which doesn't equate to much. Luigi's tornado is essential to playing him. The only up-side Mario has is his fireballs, which don't mean much. And let us not forget Luigi's instant KO attack. Another reason why Luigi is a must-play between the two of them.

Someone using the Luigi Cyclone is only going to actually hit the person with the equivalent of half a spin anyway, since it is used for lateral coverage more than an actual combo. Mario's half-spin equates to plenty if you use it well enough.

But not essential to playing Mario.

I assume you are referring to Luigi's Up-B attack, which isn't an instant KO unless the target is at high enough damage, plus it's difficult to land a solid hit of the move on a good enough player, resulting in leaving yourself open to everyone else. Mario, on the other hand, gets several hits and knockback regardless of getting the initial hit, so he does have an up-side that is better than the fireballs.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:05 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
He does a half-spin which doesn't equate to much. Luigi's tornado is essential to playing him. The only up-side Mario has is his fireballs, which don't mean much. And let us not forget Luigi's instant KO attack. Another reason why Luigi is a must-play between the two of them.

And you forget about Mario's most useful ability: His cape.

Trying to launch back as Luigi? Well, a cape to the face will send you flying directly off the edge. Unlike most attacks, the cape doesn't allow for a second up B after you're hit with it, so if you're not within grabbing distance of the edge, you're screwed. Honestly, I think the cape one of the most useful techniques in the game, and it helps make Mario a great character.

IMO, Bowser is the worst character in the game.

But what do I know, I'm probably the worst Brawler on the site.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

avatar

Number of posts : 2366
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Gimic300 wrote:


And you forget about Mario's most useful ability: His cape.

Trying to launch back as Luigi? Well, a cape to the face will send you flying directly off the edge. Unlike most attacks, the cape doesn't allow for a second up B after you're hit with it, so if you're not within grabbing distance of the edge, you're screwed. Honestly, I think the cape one of the most useful techniques in the game, and it helps make Mario a great character.

IMO, Bowser is the worst character in the game.


But what do I know, I'm probably the worst Brawler on the site.

QFT plus the cap is like the fludd only faster and less range, well the fludd doesnt do damage I think

Lie, at least not the worst but still slow. He is very good on suicide missions, specially since the other dies before you do
Twisted Evil


Lie I've seen way worst then you ........ FIREGREMLIN
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
firegremlin

avatar

Number of posts : 2244
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:25 am

waaar81 wrote:
Lie I've seen way worst then you ........ FIREGREMLIN[/color]
:L:L so true

In reference to CPUs Snake is the worst
In reference to human players, there is no worst, it just depends on the person's own skill
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2105
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:14 pm

@Fire - For the most part I agree. Brawl is pretty balanced, but seriously, except in very good hands, Ganondorf just can't combo. All his attacks either don't do anything much (Side-B and Down-B), or give a lot of warning and leave him highly vulnerable (like all the rest)

@Cory - Roy said pretty much everything I had to say already. Mario doesn't need a better tornado. It wasn't really that useful on Melee anyway.

_________________
Forsaken...Lament!

The war to end all Waaars is coming.

R.I.P.qjr!

The Grim(lin) reaper has come!

Jordan.....Prepare for the Geno-cide!

We shall Battle and you shall Cry!

I'm SmashedBrother, but your Smashed Brothers!

Nobody messes with Texas!
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

avatar

Number of posts : 2244
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:30 am

SmashedBrother wrote:
@Fire - For the most part I agree. Brawl is pretty balanced, but seriously, except in very good hands, Ganondorf just can't combo. All his attacks either don't do anything much (Side-B and Down-B), or give a lot of warning and leave him highly vulnerable (like all the rest)
Side-b to F-Smash
Back to top Go down
waaar81

avatar

Number of posts : 2366
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:07 am

SmashedBrother wrote:
@Fire - For the most part I agree. Brawl is pretty balanced, but seriously, except in very good hands, Ganondorf just can't combo. All his attacks either don't do anything much (Side-B and Down-B), or give a lot of warning and leave him highly vulnerable (like all the rest)

I guess you never fought my ganon.
Just ask a bit around.
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
SmashedBrother
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2105
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:27 pm

@Fire - Yes, his Side-B is fast (so is his Down-B) but neither are really that dangerous, and all of Ganondorf's potential finishers are easier to dodge than a snail. I agree that his FS is pretty good (though still dodgeable), but battles are not won on Smash Balls alone Wink

waaar81 wrote:
SmashedBrother wrote:
@Fire - For the most part I agree. Brawl is pretty balanced, but seriously, except in very good hands, Ganondorf just can't combo. All his attacks either don't do anything much (Side-B and Down-B), or give a lot of warning and leave him highly vulnerable (like all the rest)

I guess you never fought my ganon.
Just ask a bit around.

HOw would you compare your Ganondor f with this one?

This is probably the best I've seen so far, and seriously, despite his skill, if any of players had thought of dodging any of his attacks (which isn't too hard with a little bit of practice) he'd have been slaugtered, good as he is. It's not that you can't be good and play Ganon (heck, if you enjoy it, there's no reason not to. It's a game after all) and Ganon's no Pichu, but Ganondorf vs. someone with equal skill playing, say Link, would slaugther him (esp. since you can catch his Side-B with Link's hookshot)

_________________
Forsaken...Lament!

The war to end all Waaars is coming.

R.I.P.qjr!

The Grim(lin) reaper has come!

Jordan.....Prepare for the Geno-cide!

We shall Battle and you shall Cry!

I'm SmashedBrother, but your Smashed Brothers!

Nobody messes with Texas!
Back to top Go down
waaar81

avatar

Number of posts : 2366
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Well like you said he isn't as good as the video shows but he does know how to play but would suicide alot if people would dodge.
I could play like that no problem but I dont play the same way he does.
But asskill level I guess probably the same but I do bit alot of people with ganon here so I guess my ganon is not as bad as you say but still not the best of my mains :p
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
SmashedBrother
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2105
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm not saying either of you are bad, man! I just don't think Ganondorf is up to par with the other characters. You can still be a good player and beat good oppenents with him, but it's kind of like sending a swordsman against a spearman in Fire Emblem. It's the weapon (Ganondorf), not the player.

_________________
Forsaken...Lament!

The war to end all Waaars is coming.

R.I.P.qjr!

The Grim(lin) reaper has come!

Jordan.....Prepare for the Geno-cide!

We shall Battle and you shall Cry!

I'm SmashedBrother, but your Smashed Brothers!

Nobody messes with Texas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   

Back to top Go down
 
worst character in brawl?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Warmachine Character Jack Updgrade Kits
» Destiny of the Dreamweaver Character Profiles
» Worst interruption
» Undead Character Looks Different in Us Client
» Romanstein Character Evolution Chart

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: Consoles and Platforms :: Nintendo Games and Consoles-
Jump to: