The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 

Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played   Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:26 pm

Back when I used to be a Microsoft hater, i thought this game looked horrible. It seemed to embody everything i hated about XBOX: shooters that emphasize control over quality, and good graphics to supplement dull story. For that reason I was shocked when the game got a 9.7 and several game of the year awards. Despite my shock however, I was no more interested than I had been before.

Fate has an interesting way of turning things around it seems...Bioshock is now one of the greatest games I've ever played, and for the EXACT opposite reason I originally thought i hated it: sure it has great controls(some of the best i've ever experienced) and sure it's graphics are awe-inspiring, but my main criticism was thrown right back in my face-the story was breathtaking and intelligent. I don't think i've ever played a game with a deeper, more meaningful and relevant story.

Perhaps the best part about it is the fact that all of the game's perks work to amplify the story: bring it to life, and make it feel as if all of the events were truly taking place. The sound, the lights, the colors, the voices...everything. For anyone who doesn't know the game, I'll post this trailer.

Just amazing.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3626

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played   Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:41 pm

ok so i finally got the demo to download and had a chance to play only a very short part of the game but i do have a few questions to ask

what i got from the demo is that some guy survived a airplane crash in the 1960. swam to shore only to find that the is a underwater city that some how people are messed up on something and he gets powers in one arm correct?

my question is what is the main goal to kill the little girl and the weird robot or is there still more to it?

what is the deal with the people?

o and the little girl scared the Shit out of me Shocked

one really cool thing i did see was that i could get SWEET ICE POWERS Very Happy

Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played   Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:14 am

ok, here we go...let me try and explain this to you...

Basically, you're on the right track. The year is 1960, and you play as a character who happens to be on an airplane which crashes in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. You discover an odd light house near the crash site, and enter it. When you enter, you discover a large banner that reads "No Gods, No Kings, Only Man", and an underwater elevator known as a Blathysphere. Once you take the elevator down, you get a message from a man named Andrew Ryan, who tells you he built a city under water to escape from government control on the surface, and wished to create his own world of freedom. You suddenly see an entire city under the water, which is a very amazing and beautiful site. Things aren't as nice as they seem however...

Once you enter the city, you immediately realize that the interior of the city has been torn apart, and that the residents of the city have gone crazy and want to kill you. This is because they have exploited the freedoms Ryan has given them, and become too dependent on the "plasmids", which I'll explain in a minute. Soon you get a message from a man named "Atlas", who asks you to help him save his wife and children from Ryan, and help him escape to the surface. The problem is, Ryan won't let you save them so easily, and sends all of the crazed people, or "splicers" after you. The Splicers have amazing abilities, like the ability to teleport and shoot flames and ice from their hands. They can do this because they have used what are called "plasmids" to re-write their DNA to give them super-human powers. In re-writing their DNA however, they have gone mad and lost all memories of who they used to be...they kill anyone they don't recognize, and are addicted to the plasmids. The only way to fight them is to re-write your own DNA with your own plasmids, hence your ability to shoot Ice.

Throughout the game, you get a bunch of different guns, like machine guns, Grenade Launchers, and crossbows...but more importantly, you get all sorts of amazing powers from the plasmids. Not only can you shoot Ice and fire, but you also get psychic powers, the ability to shoot electricity, abilities to hypnotize your enemies, and so many more. But in order to do this, you have to obtain what is known as ADAM from the little girls, or "Little Sisters"...the only problem is that the Little sisters are protected by what are called "Big Daddies", or the robot things you fought. They're the toughest enemies in the game, and will fight tooth and nail to protect the sisters...if you defeat the Daddies, you get the ADAM, but you have to make a choice...do you "harvest"(kill) the little sisters and get TONS of ADAM(and tons of powers), or do you "save"(free) the sisters to get just a little ADAM. The choice is yours, but whichever you choose will have a big impact on the story.

Overall, the game can be both action packed, and very freaky at once. There are tons of plot twists and turns, and you are constantly wondering who is good, and who is evil...or if you, yourself are the evil one...but either way, this is a game that lets you do almost anything with your environment. You can kill enemies with guns, with plasmids, with the environment(you can lure enemies into water, then electrocute them), or even by turning your enemies on one another! Overall, this is a game that should not be missed....by the time you beat the game, you'll be thanking yourself for doing yourself such a big favor.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played   Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:51 am

I have the demo to this game. It's scary as hell... I'll probably pick it up though.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3626

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played   Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:42 pm

so if i read you post correct there is more than one "little sister" and more than one of the robot?

well this seems really interesting and something that if i get into i will stay up all night trying to finish it. in the demo i got to a point where i was trapped in a room watching a clip where Ryan was saying that he was going to kill me then the clip ended then people were breaking in then *demo over* Sad

i was left wanting more but have to wait till i buy the real thing nice story line so far

Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played   Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:01 am

Oh yeah, I know what part you were at...that was just the introductory level...you were just about to enter the hospital.

Yeah,. the game gets really freaky. There are a bunch of those little girls, and even more of the Big Daddies, who i swear are some of the toughest things to fight in pretty much any game out there. But the awesome thing is that the game just gives you so many options. You can literally do almost anything. If you've played the demo, the game is 10X better. you need to play it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played   Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:24 am

I borrowed it from my friend. It's a scary game, but when you get some real weapons it kinda takes a small edge of your panic away. Now much... but still a little.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played   Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Yeah, the game does get really freaky...here's a good gameplay video...entitled "freaky moments"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not bad huh? Don't get too sared now, it's not like silent Hill or anything!

Back to top Go down
headbanger201

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played   Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:08 am

the piano at the end was the best part
Back to top Go down
http://metal-oath-radio.forum-motion.net/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played   

Back to top Go down

Bioshock: One of the Grestest Games I've ever Played
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1