The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!
 
HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 
 

 XBOX Live: Worth the money?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 31

PostSubject: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:04 pm

If you own an XBOX 360, you are well aware that xbox live costs money to play. Despite that fact, you all most likely fork over the cash, and enjoy the online gaming glory that Microsoft has given you. But some people, such as PS3 fans, argue that you shouldn't have to pay...this raises the question: is xbox live worth the cash you fork over?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
firegremlin

avatar

Number of posts : 2244
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:29 pm

in short:
yes

in long:
explain later Sleep
Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum
Moderator


Number of posts : 616
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 pm

XBOX live is worth the money. There is a reason why PS3 is so expensive (it's not just the bluray). I mean sure, you get free internet but, you are paying an extra $200 for the system itself. XBOX live is only $50 a year, that's only $4 a month, and only 13 cents a day... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
avatar

Number of posts : 1775
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:51 pm

I hate X box so....

Is Xbox 360 worth the money?
no
Is Xbox live worth the money?
Only for Star Wars Battlefront games Razz
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 pm

you bring up a great point skye. 4 dollars a month really is nothing, and since the 360 is only $199 now...i would say it's a steal! I think the only downside is remembering to renew your subscription, and the fact that you have to pay a different fee for each profile.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:08 pm

xbox live worth the money??? hmmmm right now its a little to early for me to make the call. i already pay for the internet to my computer i may not like paying for it again for the xbox but i can forget all the great offers that do come with xbox live like downloadable content for games, the arcade game that i can download, or the many new demos for game that i can try out and not waste my money on a worthless game cough mirror's edge cough (dont get it or the demo!) well i guess i could make a call and say that it is worth the money

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:36 pm

yeah, i think a lot of people forget about the downloads...I just downloaded extra content for Bioshock the other day, and it gave you all kinds of new options...for free!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
headbanger201

avatar

Number of posts : 58
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:21 am

360 has a few features that ps3 doesnt like being able to play your music and talking to buds while playing and you got netflix just to name a few so ya id say its worth it
Back to top Go down
http://metal-oath-radio.forum-motion.net/index.htm
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:03 am

oh, i forgot about Netlix, that's a pretty good reason....but doesn't PS3 have something similar? I could have sworn i saw a PS3 commercial for some sort of movie rental, but I bet you have to pay some sort of fee...

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
headbanger201

avatar

Number of posts : 58
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:45 am

pugs didja know they had to cancel battlefront 3? i dont know cory i know u can purchase movies on psn but havent heard something like netflix quite yet
Back to top Go down
http://metal-oath-radio.forum-motion.net/index.htm
Ki-No-Ko

avatar

Number of posts : 15
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Xbox live is worth the price imo. Your paying less than five dollars a month for a lot of content. I would have Xbox live, but the wireless adapter is too expensive. I don't play online games that often so I'm not in need of of xbox live right now. However, I would like to get it soon so I can download demos and picture packs. :3
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:29 pm

Actually, I haven't played much live myself...but it really is nice to have the download option. The picture packs are really a great feature, as are trailers and stuff! And of course, Downloadable content. Actually, until just recently, I didn't realize whole new parts of games could be downloaded! For example, i was thrilled to get all new plasmid options in bioshock...but then I was even more stunned to discover that games like CoD5, Beautiful Katamari, and GTA4 had new stages, challenges, and even new games which could be added. For that reason, Live is a must...

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
TrueDestroyer

avatar

Number of posts : 26
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:00 am

SilensCaelum wrote:
XBOX live is worth the money. There is a reason why PS3 is so expensive (it's not just the bluray). I mean sure, you get free internet but, you are paying an extra $200 for the system itself. XBOX live is only $50 a year, that's only $4 a month, and only 13 cents a day... scratch

$50 a year at 4 years and you've paid $200. Assuming you bought the cheapest model available of the XBOX 360 at launch, you spent $299 back in 2005. We are now in 2009, meaning you're approaching that $200 mark. Now, assume you bought the least expensive PS3 at launch. You'll have spent $499, and been having free Internet access. Come November 2009, the 360 + Live is officially more expensive than a PS3. And that's if you buy it by the year, a lot of people don't and are paying a monthly recurring fee around $8 a month, or $96 a year. If you're one of those people, and you've had the 360 since launch, you've already sunk in almost $300, bringing your sad, hard drive-less console's total to $599, for which you could have gotten the most expensive version of the PS3 with a 60 GB hard drive. Of course, this is all based on terms of what was available at launch... I can continue on, but I'm sure everyone has already stopped reading this.

In short, I don't believe that an online service should be charged for. Microsoft makes a killing off of Live, and I don't think that it's right. If you're paying for the system, the games, and your own Internet connection, you should be afforded the right to play the games you purchase online without having to pay anything else. You don't get any content for your XBOX Live subscription price, you pay more for it. Map packs and DLC is all charged to your account. The Live fee is solely to be able to play with your friends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingaddicts.org
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:31 pm

From a business standpoint this is genius, as obviously gamers(myself included) have coughed up plenty of money for this service...when looked at it in that regard, you make the PS3 a bit more appealing. Psychologically of course, it is much more difficult to make a huge payment at one time than it is to make smaller payments over a longer period of time, hence the 360's success.

At the same time however, I still feel the PS3 had slim offerings for games, and to a certain extent, I still feel that way. Sure most of the very best games are bi-platform, but the 360's library is far larger...is that enough to justify the extra cost? That's debatable...but to the average gamer who would rather spend $199 up front, it certainly tips the scale in the 360's favor...

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
CHAOSblade



Number of posts : 15
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Tue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm

I've gotta say that its worth the money 100 times out of 100 because of the experience of actually gaming with other players from around the world and and also leanring new tips and tricks that you would never have figured out on your own. the games that they are coming out with now are almost all online interactive and that makes it even better. and if anyone wants to get schooled in halo 3

xXbeastmode09Xx - My xboxl live gamer tag
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Wed May 20, 2009 5:29 pm

CHAOSblade wrote:
I've gotta say that its worth the money 100 times out of 100 because of the experience of actually gaming with other players from around the world and and also leanring new tips and tricks that you would never have figured out on your own. the games that they are coming out with now are almost all online interactive and that makes it even better. and if anyone wants to get schooled in halo 3

xXbeastmode09Xx - My xboxl live gamer tag

although i do not play online much in halo it would not be a bad idea to learn a few tricks Cool

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:23 pm

You know, the more I see and hear of PS3's online network, the more I'm beginning to agree with TrueDestroyer...sure Live has some great exclusive DLC, but is that really enough? I don't dislike Live by any means, but it's getting to the point that paying so much for a service which should be free is just a bit ridiculous...and the sad thing is that it probably won't be changing anytime soon.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
koopa_under_fire

avatar

Number of posts : 352
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:18 am

Ugh, this is so difficult for me to decide on, a year ago, most certainly, YES! After owning a PS3 for a year, not so much, I've played plenty of live and plenty of PSN, so I've got experience with both, a lot, trust me. If you're looking for a plain old, online multiplayer vs online multiplayer, they're on par with each other, really no difference. Special features I've read people give to the 360 on here so far are as follows:
SilensCaelum wrote:
XBOX live is worth the money. There is a reason why PS3 is so expensive (it's not just the bluray). I mean sure, you get free internet but, you are paying an extra $200 for the system itself. XBOX live is only $50 a year, that's only $4 a month, and only 13 cents a day... scratch
Um, sorry but no, it's in no way $200 more, unless you're comparing the arcade and the 80 GB which then you need to spend an extra $100 on a HDD for your 360 just to get online. Before I get any further, not trying to make anyone seem dumb or be a jerk here, I'm just trying to be honest and back up everything I say.
ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
you bring up a great point skye. 4 dollars a month really is nothing, and since the 360 is only $199 now...i would say it's a steal! I think the only downside is remembering to renew your subscription, and the fact that you have to pay a different fee for each profile.
For the Arcade, you need to pay for the HDD to play online so that's another $100, so yeah. BTW I really like your amount by month and day, that made me laugh, seems like something I would do.
headbanger201 wrote:
360 has a few features that ps3 doesnt like being able to play your music and talking to buds while playing and you got netflix just to name a few so ya id say its worth it
This doesn't really apply to online, but I can play custom soundtracks for MLB 09, KZ2, and Burnout Paradise, those are the only games I have that I know it works for. "talking to buds while playing" I don't get that, because I have a headset and talk to people all the time, so I'll leave it alone. And Netflix, well, you got me, PS3 does not have Netflix, but it has tons of movies and videos for download from the PS Store, it just doesn't have a really big popular name. Love you name btw.
Ki-No-Ko wrote:
Xbox live is worth the price imo. Your paying less than five dollars a month for a lot of content. I would have Xbox live, but the wireless adapter is too expensive.
Well this only helps my side, $100 for wireless on the 360 is insane, when it's built in with the PS3.
CHAOSblade wrote:
No offence, but I'm skipping you, your argument made no sense, everything you said I can do on PSN except get schooled in Halo, which I would because I suck at that game, I'm horrible.
ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
sure Live has some great exclusive DLC, but is that really enough?
Like what? GTAIV Lost and Damned, what else am I missing, that's all I can think up off the top of my head. At least that's really big, since all of the Fallout 3 stuff is going on PSN pretty soon.

Ok, here you go, this is why you pay for Live, this is the one true reason, and it's actually a pretty good one, not going to lie [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This really is the truth, but it's not worth $50 imo, considering I haven't really had any problems with my online, it's ran great, lags been low, really nice. And since then updates have added almost every feature Live has. But here's my final verdict, yes, ha didn't see that coming did you. It's completely worth $50 a year, just because Sony doesn't charge for there's doesn't mean that's what you should base it off of. I'd be willing to pay $50 for PSN, it would only make it better, and it's already worth $50. Sorry for such a long decision but I had to back it all up, plus it was kind of fun. Very Happy Please forgive me if I offended anyone or if I made anyone angry. Neutral
Back to top Go down
waaar81

avatar

Number of posts : 2366
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:24 pm

nice
I loved have you gave unbiased opinions since you already own both systems
And i didnt see the last part coming at all
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Illiya

avatar

Number of posts : 25
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:38 pm

koopa_under_fire wrote:
Ugh, this is so difficult for me to decide on, a year ago, most certainly, YES! After owning a PS3 for a year, not so much, I've played plenty of live and plenty of PSN, so I've got experience with both, a lot, trust me. If you're looking for a plain old, online multiplayer vs online multiplayer, they're on par with each other, really no difference. Special features I've read people give to the 360 on here so far are as follows:
SilensCaelum wrote:
XBOX live is worth the money. There is a reason why PS3 is so expensive (it's not just the bluray). I mean sure, you get free internet but, you are paying an extra $200 for the system itself. XBOX live is only $50 a year, that's only $4 a month, and only 13 cents a day... scratch
Um, sorry but no, it's in no way $200 more, unless you're comparing the arcade and the 80 GB which then you need to spend an extra $100 on a HDD for your 360 just to get online. Before I get any further, not trying to make anyone seem dumb or be a jerk here, I'm just trying to be honest and back up everything I say.
ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
you bring up a great point skye. 4 dollars a month really is nothing, and since the 360 is only $199 now...i would say it's a steal! I think the only downside is remembering to renew your subscription, and the fact that you have to pay a different fee for each profile.
For the Arcade, you need to pay for the HDD to play online so that's another $100, so yeah. BTW I really like your amount by month and day, that made me laugh, seems like something I would do.
headbanger201 wrote:
360 has a few features that ps3 doesnt like being able to play your music and talking to buds while playing and you got netflix just to name a few so ya id say its worth it
This doesn't really apply to online, but I can play custom soundtracks for MLB 09, KZ2, and Burnout Paradise, those are the only games I have that I know it works for. "talking to buds while playing" I don't get that, because I have a headset and talk to people all the time, so I'll leave it alone. And Netflix, well, you got me, PS3 does not have Netflix, but it has tons of movies and videos for download from the PS Store, it just doesn't have a really big popular name. Love you name btw.
Ki-No-Ko wrote:
Xbox live is worth the price imo. Your paying less than five dollars a month for a lot of content. I would have Xbox live, but the wireless adapter is too expensive.
Well this only helps my side, $100 for wireless on the 360 is insane, when it's built in with the PS3.
CHAOSblade wrote:
No offence, but I'm skipping you, your argument made no sense, everything you said I can do on PSN except get schooled in Halo, which I would because I suck at that game, I'm horrible.
ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
sure Live has some great exclusive DLC, but is that really enough?
Like what? GTAIV Lost and Damned, what else am I missing, that's all I can think up off the top of my head. At least that's really big, since all of the Fallout 3 stuff is going on PSN pretty soon.

Ok, here you go, this is why you pay for Live, this is the one true reason, and it's actually a pretty good one, not going to lie [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This really is the truth, but it's not worth $50 imo, considering I haven't really had any problems with my online, it's ran great, lags been low, really nice. And since then updates have added almost every feature Live has. But here's my final verdict, yes, ha didn't see that coming did you. It's completely worth $50 a year, just because Sony doesn't charge for there's doesn't mean that's what you should base it off of. I'd be willing to pay $50 for PSN, it would only make it better, and it's already worth $50. Sorry for such a long decision but I had to back it all up, plus it was kind of fun. Very Happy Please forgive me if I offended anyone or if I made anyone angry. Neutral

What he said Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
avatar

Number of posts : 1775
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:27 pm

im a little confused... so on Xbox you have to pay to go online?
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:18 pm

you know the more i use live now the less and less i dont care for it. see here is the biggest thing for me i have netflix and have it downloaded on all systems (wii, xbox, and PS3) i can watch it on ps3 and nintendo no problem but i have to pay to see it on xbox....why? now there is a higher price for it. 'o but jordan that was for the added service' yea i know that but i dont use ANY of that. maybe it would be better to have like a way to just pay for what you want like online play only, or online plus ESPN, or something like that.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
frozentreasure

avatar

Number of posts : 294
Age : 117

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:23 pm

I only ever buy a single month of Gold time when I know I'm specifically going to be playing games on it. But beyond that, there's nothing that catches my fancy about LIVE.
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:24 am

Wait, so you don't have to pay for Netflix on the other systems? Pardon my ignorance, I've never tried...either way, if you have to pay a higher price on Live, that's crap.

I have to agree with Roy, buying it in small doses IS the best way to go...especially as it's the closest you'll get to buying what you use...I payed for a whole year of live, but scarcely used it. What a rip, if you ask me. Btw, I've seen Silens use the PS3 network, and it seems fine compared with Live...and it's freakin' free!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: XBOX Live: Worth the money?   

Back to top Go down
 
XBOX Live: Worth the money?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Minecraft is coming too Xbox Live Arcade.
» xbox live foshizzle mah nizzle
» Microsoft Puts a Date on Free Xbox Live Gold Games
» Xbox Live.....Battlefield 3? O.o
» Xbox Live Gamertags

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: Consoles and Platforms :: Microsoft Games and Consoles-
Jump to: