The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Review   Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:25 pm

This review I've written is about a year old, but with Platinum coming out in the US a while, I decided to post it here with revisions.

Gameplay - 9/10 - The gameplay was very good, superior to any other pokemon game. I am going to explain this as tersely as I can. The best part in terms of gameplay was the change between physical and special moves, which, instead of moves being classified by type, it is classified by the move itself, so Thunderpunch, which is an electric type move, would be Physical, and Hyper Beam, which is a normal type move, would be Special. Otherwise, battling is the same, except you utilize the touch screen. Also, all non-legendary pokemon from the older games (With the exceptions of starter pokemon, Tangela, and Tropious) can be caught in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl without use of trading.

The best part about this game that separates it from previous pokemon games is the ability to trade and battle online. There are two ways you can use Wi-Fi: Friend Codes and the Global Trade Station. The Global Trade Station (GTS) is a building in Jubilife City that enables you to store a pokemon while requesting a pokemon, and if someone else has that pokemon, it trades, even if you aren't online (But you can only request pokemon that you have seen). For example, if I put a Mudkip up for auction, and I requested a Wooper, someone else, with a Wooper, can take the Mudkip, give the Wooper to me, and leave, and I will claim it the next time I go on Wi-Fi. You can even request the level and gender of the pokemon you want. The replay value diminishes once you caught all of the legendary pokemon or if you saw all of the pokemon. but hey, there's Wi-Fi.

Graphics - 8/10 - The overworld consisted of 3-D sprites. Yes. Three dimensions. That included your player, buildings, signs, and many other things I can't think off of the top of my head. The overworld still retains the same gameplay as the previous games, however. The battle scenes are still classic 2-D, with enhanced sprite graphics as well. This must deserve a 10/10, right? Well, no. Battle screens scroll automatically, so if you are using your computer while playing this game, you will get annoyed when you see a message that says "Will {Player's Name} change pokemon?".

Sound - 7/10 - The music and sounds were generally good. The music soundtracks were mainly spiffed up versions of previous game battle themes, while other themes were original. The cries of the pokemon were rather disturbing. Seriously, listen to Skuntank's cry.

Difficulty - 8/10 - ****/5 - This is probably the hardest pokemon game (Out of all four main game generations, in my opinion). The Elite Four was harder and more diverse than the previous elite fours. After that, it gets easier. Catching Dialga/Palkia is a breeze. It has a 30 capture rate. Other legendaries are also easy to catch.

Overall - 8.5/10 - This is a love or hate game. If you are new to pokemon, and you want to see if it is any good, play Gold/Silver/Crystal. If you are a pokemon fanatic, such as myself, this game would be great for you, espscially with Wi-Fi.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Review   Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Very nice job! I disagree a little bit but thats ok!
Back to top Go down

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Review
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1