The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 

Nintendo: The Days of Yore

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Nintendo: The Days of Yore   Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:24 am

Oh come on, you know what I mean, back in the days of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, even a Star Fox game or two. Sure they seemed to do nothing but remake the same franchises over and over, but can it really be said that it's worse than now, when Nintendo seem to think that catering to the "core" a.k.a hardcore crowd, is releasing Animal Crossing for the Wii, while they push Wii Music and Wii Fit into the spotlight?

Read that again, the spotlight isn't on those two "games", no one wants the it to be, it's trying to be focused on said franchises, specifically Kid Icarus, Zelda and Starfox, but Nintendo keeps denying anything beyond "We're working on them." and trying to throw these titles at the casual gamers and also hoping that enough showcasing of them will convince the hardcore gamers of their worth as well.

So what are your thoughts on this Nintendo that we knew and love, don't be shy, they won't read this forum, they're too busy rolling around in the piles of money they get, minus the millions they're spending in R&D so they can have their next console compete in terms of power with the PS4 and Xbox ????
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo: The Days of Yore   Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Well, moreso than their competitors, Nintendo has relied on these main franchises so much, that they've come to the point where these franchises are the only thing that rally keep Nintendo a real videogame console in the traditional sense. Sure if they only made casual games like wii sports and fit it would still be a gaming console, but it would be so radically different than the others that it would completely be in its own category, severed from the others. And no it seems like Nintendo is heading down that path...

So in essence, what I'm saying is that these franchises are Nintendo's lifeline...if they cut it, they'll be screwing themselves, simply because they have nothing else to fall back upon besides casual mini-game fests, which won't remain popular for long. Once the next generation starts, I'm sure Microsoft and Sony will implement motion control of their own, taking away Nintendo's unique asset...they will also apply said controls to truly hardcore games, which will further shut down Nintendo's success...

What is the solution then? Balance. Sure Nintendo is making record profits, but once you're at the top, the only place to go afterwards is down. As I already mentioned, Nintendo will lose its novelty status in time, and Nintendo will become a victim of its own success. What it must do is balance out its gaming library with an equal amount of high-quality, hardcore titles, and it must do it immediately. Already there are hints of this. We see games like Madworld, Conduit, Tenchu, House of Dead, Dead Space Extraction, as well as others...but Nintendo itself needs to put in its own effort. As of right now, we don't know what Nintendo is working on...they could be working on the very best Zelda in the series right now...but they need to say more than "we're working on it". Nintendo fans need hope, and they can only get it from the announcement of big, triple A games...not the vague BS answers we're so used to. If they can successfully blend hardcore and casual, I can see Nintendo winning the console war hands down...but they still have a long way to go before they reach that point...

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net

Nintendo: The Days of Yore
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1