The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 

The Worst Game Ever!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3626

PostSubject: The Worst Game Ever!   Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:35 pm

there is so many game that have been tossed about as the best game ever or most played. but what about the games at the bottom of the list? what games are the worst? i have a few that i think are really bad

#5 resident evil 0 (gamecube)
this game confused me the most the controls were bad it was not like any of the other game RE games and i just did not like it over all i dont even think i finished the game now that i think of it. it was that bad

#4 motocross madness (PC)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
a little background on this game i got midtown madness and this game came with it for free. midtown madness is a 3-D racing game that takes place in a real city with real cars. motocross is a dirt bike race that takes place........ in area 51, a desert, and some place inside a canyon the controls are really bad to go u press g and the up arrow to go backwards you press r and the up arrow why do you press to buttons? i have no idea and its not a racing game like it advertised on the box is a stunt game where you press a combination of buttons to do a trick and after 5 mins the person with the most points won the problem with that is you have to keep going forward AND press the combo of buttons its really hard.

#3 Tom and Jerry: War of the Whiskers (PC)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
a cheap 5 dollar game for the pc that my brother had got as a birthday present. (some thoughtful present) this game is sooo bad that it only sold a little over 200,000 copies. at first my brother was the only one to play it and as soon as he started playing it he started to complain about it how to move how to fight, how to do this how to do that. i finally just said move and i will play it. i set the difficulty to normal thinking i was a big shot and started play. after about 2 weeks to 2 1/2 weeks i gave up on normal and changed it to very easy. a week later i was still on very easy. i could not beat the first fighter it was still very hard. and to make matters worst as to why it was so hard it had LAG! major lag like playing in a very slow brawl game but this should not be a problem because im not playing a vs match im playing single player. this is crazy

#2 E.T. (atari)
the very first game that got the award of "Worst Game Ever" is second on my list. this video tells why

the ET game was by far the worst game for about 20 years so what can be worse than that game well dont worry i plan to have a video of the worst game ever up soon

so what is the worst game to you guys?

StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 pm

Video's were removed see below for new and better one

Last edited by Star Road Warrior on Sat May 09, 2009 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:58 pm

man it loads forever! I like your western accent =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:52 am

WARNING: CRITICISM INCOMING!

Just a heads up for you Jody, just remember that it's not bashing, I'm giving you criticism.

While I can see that you did your best to review it, the format you've chosen is a mistake that many first time reviewers make, you record the game and your voice while playing it, this is not a good thing to do, you want to record the game itself, record exactly what you want to make special mention (whether good or bad) about. Then record your voice with a prepared review for the game, this way you know what you're going to say, you come across a lot more professional and as a whole, it just feels like a more enjoyable review.

The kind of format you've done is really better suited to something like a gaming video show, where you are supposed to show people actual gameplay with comments on what you're seeing at the time. In a review, no.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:27 am

Not bad for your first video Jody, there were some seriously hilarious parts in that video, and for all of the wrong reasons! I'm not sure if I'd call that the worst game ever, but it looked pretty damn bad.

How does a hedgehog die from falling in the water??? The thing can fly for goodness sake! scratch

Also, RE 0 was by no means the best game ever made, but c'mon, the controls weren't that bad! I didn't have a problem with them, and I enjoyed the game. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing: +20 Profile Points for advertising the site! Thanks! Cool

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:55 pm

@ roy yea i figured that out now i do plan to do a updated review for that game with sounds and the pros and cons of the game that was just a test and i hated the video that you see i may take it down and do a better one. thanks for the criticism i need all that i can get. i just dont want comments like "you suck at playing" or "this video is the worst ever" etc... criticism i can take bashing i can not.

@ cory i HATED RE0 like i said it was not like the other the camera is normally at your back not in a fixed location im not saying that game is the worst one ever there was so many that i could put there that it just came to a draw from a hat pick (literally) as for worst game ever no sonic is not it the ET game IS the worst game ever but ET had a reason to be bad Sonic DOES NOT!!! there is no reason why sonic game have to be so bad. now dont get me wrong sonic and the secret rings was ok sonic unleashed was better i have not played sonic and the black knight yet but y is sonic the hedgehog SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad? i dont know

and thanks for the 20 points Very Happy

Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:18 pm

First off, about your vid-I thought it was pretty good for your first one. Could it use some work? Of course. If you follow Roy's advice, you'll really be in business, although I think you lose some credibility when you say you haven't gotten very far in the game. It's obviously a bad game, but you can't really know for sure until you've actually beaten it. So either beat the stupid thing or just don't tell anyone you didn't geek

As for RE0, the camera angle was ALWAYS like that in all of the old RE games man! They didn't put it at your back until RE4, so at that point it was completely normal. Sure switching between characters was weird, but at least it was better organized than RE5's... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:24 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
As for RE0, the camera angle was ALWAYS like that in all of the old RE games man! They didn't put it at your back until RE4, so at that point it was completely normal. Sure switching between characters was weird, but at least it was better organized than RE5's... Rolling Eyes

i guess that tells you the last time i played RE0-RE3 Embarassed your right i forgot that is what i get for just playing RE4 and RE5

and about the video just ignore it for now till next week when i do get done with the game i just finished sonic's episode after many broken controls that were thrown into the tv Razz silver's is 50% completed and shadow i have not started yet.

Edit: ENOUGH ABOUT ME POST YOUR WORST GAMES!!!!!

Edit#2: this is just great not only do we disagree on the best game ever we disagree on the worst game ever Razz

Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Mario Kart Wii was pretty bad in my opinion...

oh, and Wii Play.

Back to top Go down
waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:47 pm

I wouldnt say wii play was so bad but the pool game on wii play was REALLY bad.
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:07 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

oh, and Wii Play.

Mario Kart wii was not bad it was just not as "new" as any other. sure you could ride bikes and do tricks but none of the tracks were new example DK summit you had a cannon that shot you to the top of a mountain. sound familiar? well it should its the same as DK mountain on the game cube.... o wait they added that track too. thats another thing the old tracks were not that old the majority came from DD and DS i was wanting more from the SNES not just 2 or better yet dont add the retro tracks and more new ideas the DS and DD was better at adding new tracks however the ds did have retro tracks but it was well balanced and had the same number for each game. Mario Kart Wii was not bad it was just not new just ripped the pages from the old games and replaced them with new names and a new color to most of the tracks

BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:49 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

oh, and Wii Play.
mario kart was the only game on wii that used everything wii possable lol (my opinion)
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Fri May 08, 2009 12:45 pm

new and better review its short and sweet and to the point

TALL-A

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Sat May 09, 2009 1:45 am

(almost) anything movie based
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Thu May 14, 2009 11:52 am

lol good point TALLA...although from what I heard the Wolverine game didn't do too bad...at least, the 360 and PS3 games were decent....the Wii version was an abomination from what I heard...

Back to top Go down
TALL-A

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Fri May 15, 2009 9:21 am

true ive heard the wolverine game is good. actuly i played the demo and that game was good. but its the movie games like Iorn man that needs to stay in the movies.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Fri May 15, 2009 11:44 pm

Personally, I think most movie games are simply ploys to make a quick buck off of hit movies...sure their good with kids. I remember playing the Aladdin and Lion King games on the Sega Genisis when I was 8 or 9...but c'mon, lets face it....the only reson I really liked those games was due to the fact that I like the movie. geek

Goldeneye is the exception.

Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Sat May 16, 2009 10:54 am

golden eye is by far the best game from a movie

and there are just a rare few games that do not suck that some developers take the time that it takes to make a game good for example the Harry Potter games. and if your a big fan of the movies then the games will not disappoint you. none of the nintendo versions of the game got a score lower than 7.5! but i will agree that most movie games suck but not harry potter and golden eye!

BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Sat May 16, 2009 3:42 pm

worst game ever:
Elmo's world: ABC's (64)
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator

Number of posts : 2105

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:36 am

[rant]

Okay, my personal worst game of all time is Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Sky. The reviews were actually quite positive overall. The few negative didn't seem to be about anything I cared too much about.....so I got the game.

Ignoring the horrible lack of storyline (which seems to think its at least vaguely decent) it was entirely about grinding to the point of insanity, in more ways than one.

First off, I had to bring four characters to about level 45 each just to win the game. That doesn't sound that bad until you realize just how few points this game gives you, and that you have to split between four people (and heaven help you if you decide you have to change class)

Then.....there's the alchemy. You can actually get some decent stuff there, but first you have to find the rare ingredients for the rare ingredients, for yet more rare ingredients, and so on. No exaggeration whatsoever. That's if you're like me, and don't even consider DLC, which gets even worse from what I've heard since.

Then......the grottos. This was an interesting idea at first: find the hidden cave from a cryptic map. Then I discovered that while there were an infinite number of maps, there were only a dozen or so locations. Much worse was the fact that they weren't worth anything really, until you get to the boss. By their nature, the grottos fequently reuse old bosses taking away any fun at all.

Finally, the quests. You're often asked to fulfill purposeless goals that are almost impossible to reach, because they are completely based on luck. For example, to get this one whiny guy some turbo toad oil, you have to first use a sleep spell on a frog monster successfully (the odds of success are about 5-10%) and then you have to hope you get a critical attack before he wakes up. The odds of that are very, very slim.

The fun of quests in other games is the exploration are/or the challenge. The only challenge in this entire game is to your patience. It's all a matter of getting the right lucky combination at the right time, with only minimal control over what happens. I.e. The Mega Millions - except then you actually get something worthwhile.

[/rant]

The war to end all Waaars is coming.

R.I.P.qjr!

The Grim(lin) reaper has come!

Jordan.....Prepare for the Geno-cide!

We shall Battle and you shall Cry!

I'm SmashedBrother, but your Smashed Brothers!

Nobody messes with Texas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Game Ever!   

Back to top Go down

The Worst Game Ever!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1