The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 

FTW Q and A with Peter Sjöstrand

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: FTW Q and A with Peter Sjöstrand   Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:50 am

Sweden is awesome. This proves it.

Like many gamers, 24 year old Peter Sjöstrand is a Mega Man fan. Unlike many gamers, however, Peter has come up with one of the most interesting spins on the Mega Man franchise since the release of the X series. Mixing 2D, 3D, and co-operative play, Mr. Sjöstrand of Gälve, Sweden, dubs his project Mega Man 2.5D.

I shot Peter an e-mail, and he was kind enough to answer all of my Mega Man 2.5D questions.

Gimic300: I'll start out with the essential first question for any gamer; what have you been playing recently?

Peter: To be honest I don't do a whole lot of gaming these days. But I have been playing some Twilight Princess as well as Mega Man 9 on my Wii.

G: Would you care to explain exactly what the Mega Man 2.5D project is at this point in time?

Peter:
Mega Man 2.5D is an animated game concept. I'm an animator with no programming skills but I've always been interested in level design and game concepts so I decided to make it the only way i knew how to. Also it was a fun challenge since it required me to try and animate the characters as if they were actually being controlled by players rather than just animated.

G: The two beta trailers released look absolutely incredible. How long did it take to create and animate the footage seen in the two Mega Man 2.5D trailers?

Peter: Well I think the first one took about 3 or so weeks. The longer one with co-op however took a whole lot longer than that, probably around 2 months.

Footage for Mega Man 2.5D

G: Do you plan on taking this project and making it into a full playable game someday?

Peter:
As Capcom owns the property I don't believe it would be possible for me to make it into a full playable game. I hope however that Capcom acknowledges the positive response that the video has gotten and decide to use the mechanics in one of their future mega man games.

G: Do you have an open spot for a game tester? (I'm joking, of course.)

Peter: Sure do! (I too am joking)

G: What is your history with art and animation?

Peter:
I've always enjoyed creating stuff. I started playing around with animation at an early age and then I decided to study it at university which i did from 2003 to 2006. Since then I've mostly just been doing random jobs to try and get by while I keep improving as an animator. I hope to some day be able to make a living off of it.

G: Do you have any experience working with games in the past?

Peter:
A long time ago I was doing some work on a game of my own called Doom-Golf. It was basically a 2D sidescroller where you used golf to defeat your enemies in gruesome ways. The idea was that a lot of the enemies in the game had fun and unique animations when they were defeated, compared to a lot of other games where you have the same animation playing over and over again.

G: What led to the Mega Man 2.5D Project?

Peter:
Well last year I went to the mall together with a good friend who was getting an Xbox 360. While I was waiting for him I decided to play around with some Lego that was lying there in a sad attempt to relive my long lost childhood. I used the lego pieces to try and build an 8-bit style Mario which was surprisingly fun. Later when I got back home I decided to start up Maya (3d software) and do something similar there. Instead of using Lego pieces i used polygon-cubes to recreate some of my favourite 8-bit sprites.
Eventually I ended up with a Mega Man sprite and then I thought to myself that it would be fun to see if i could animate it as well.

G: Do you have a favorite Mega Man game? What are some of your favorite Master Robots?

Peter: Tough to say. My favourite game would have to be either MM2 or MM3. My absolute favourite level would probably be either Metal Man from 2 or Snake Man from 3, though it's hard to choose considering how many great levels all of these games have.

G: If you could meet anyone currently working in the video game industry, who would it be?

Peter:
Well being a huge fan of the Mega Man series I would definitely have to say Keiji Inafune.

G: What are some of your interests, other than video games?

Peter:Well Animation is my main interest but I also enjoy stuff like exercising, hanging out with friends, traveling and writing.

A big thanks to Peter for taking the first ever FTW Q and A! For high quality screens, visit Peter's homepage at www.petersjostrand.com.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FTW Q and A with Peter Sjöstrand   Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:39 am

Considering the format, it was done pretty well. Shame it won't be playable.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: FTW Q and A with Peter Sjöstrand   Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:11 pm

i really liked this one gimic great questions and great answers =) I loved the game tester question lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FTW Q and A with Peter Sjöstrand   

Back to top Go down

FTW Q and A with Peter Sjöstrand
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1