The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 

FTW Website Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:31 pm

Well I think we can all agree on the chat party...now the only question is when to have it. Unfortunately, due to the nature of my work, I am really only available Monday and Tuesday Nights, which is if I'm not out with Nicole or friends...of course, if we agree on a day and time, I'll make some effort to be available for it.

Also, how does everyone think we should go about contacting the others? I'm not sure if PM's are the best method, as they aren't usually noticed by those who haven't been around for quite a while.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:21 pm

Well, I'd be fine with a chat party, though I'm not sure how frequently I could attend them (I've classes on Tuesday mornings/afternoons until the 31st of this month; this doesn't include potential work hours, either). But it would definitely be a great way to reconnect again. If it were possible, perhaps tournaments (if we were so eventually inclined to do so) could be worked into that? I recall that sort of happening last time when I was here, I think.

As far as getting in contact - I've seen Skype mentioned frequently not only here but elsewhere. Would it be possible to contact them through that, perhaps? Granted, they might have changed their accounts, but I think it's a worth a shot. Or trying to get them by e-mail, if you can. Not sure if anyone's talked to him, but I believe I've got StarRoadWarrior on Live. If you guys want me to drop him a line (or you can do it yourselves, either way, it's the same screen name as he has here) if you want.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Everlong wrote:
Not sure if anyone's talked to him…

…?

I've mentioned several times that I've been in regular contact with him. And he is still posting here.
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:52 pm

I've sent out a mass-PM inviting everyone back, but that likely won't accomplish much-many people have changed their emails from the ones they listed when the site opened 2 years back. I'm not sure if anyone is still in contact with MIA members, or has the capability to contact them, but if anyone does, please try to get into contact with them. Right now I think we have the best chance of bringing back the following members-

Firegremlin
Pugsly1000
Waaar81
L33tSmasher
Samco

And Maybe:
Battlecry
SilensCalum
KingKlepto
Enasepth
Headbanger
thisisareallylongname_hi

I've talked to Skye about it and she may be popping back up...only time will tell...she wants to play again. I've also noticed Luis poking around, although it remains to be seen if he will really return or just watch from afar. I've noticed another member named "Illya" as well, not sure who that is...oh and btw Everlong, Doppelganger is Star Road Warrior, so he is around after all.

Back to top Go down
Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:06 pm

frozentreasure wrote:
I've mentioned several times that I've been in regular contact with him. And he is still posting here.[/color]

This was my mistake, then. I wasn't aware that Doppelganger and SRW were the same person. The more you know, I suppose. I likely forgot you mentioning it, though; I've got a terrible memory...

Anyway: you're probably right, Fors, in that it's unlikely PMing will accomplish much. As you said, e-mails do change, so it's more of a 'what the hell' approach, I suppose. Unless I'm mistaken, however, it seems like contact seems to be pretty patchy (that is to say, some members are contact with each other but aren't with others). I'm afraid I've reached the end of actually being able to get in contact with anyone, though. That's all she wrote on my end.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3626

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:15 pm

I feel like some one is talking about me ........ lol

Speaking of old members I have talked to both Tyler and pugs I will drop them a message about comming back but just to chat and game

SmashedBrother
Administrator

Number of posts : 2105

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Quote :
I've talked to Skye about it and she may be popping back up...only time will tell...she wants to play again. I've also noticed Luis poking around, although it remains to be seen if he will really return or just watch from afar. I've noticed another member named "Illya" as well, not sure who that is...oh and btw Everlong, Doppelganger is Star Road Warrior, so he is around after all.

All I can help with just now is to say that Illiya (formerly SanoX) is connected to Luis. I think she's his girlfriend, or possibly his sister. He only mentioned her in passing to explain something when we talked via PM a few months back.

The war to end all Waaars is coming.

R.I.P.qjr!

The Grim(lin) reaper has come!

Jordan.....Prepare for the Geno-cide!

We shall Battle and you shall Cry!

I'm SmashedBrother, but your Smashed Brothers!

Nobody messes with Texas!

Last edited by SmashedBrother on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Wow.....I just looked at the latest topics and realized.......all of them are from today! It's hard to believe just how long it's been since that happened! Smile

R.I.P.qjr!

Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:40 pm

It's amazing isn't it? And better yet, I'm currently talking with Luis on the chat...turns out Illiya is his girlfriend...pretty cool, huh?? Nice to see some life around here again. Cool

Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Alright, pretty good news...Silens AND Koopa_Under_Fire (thisisareallylongname_hi) are both back....what a great little turn of events. Now we're looking for:

Pugsly1000
Waaar81
Firegremlin
Battlecry
TALL-A
Samco
L33tsmasher
KingKlepto
Enasepth
Zotendo

I'm a missing anyone? Either way, if anyone has any way to contact ANY of these people, that would really be great! We're on a roll! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Well, I sent a message to samco awhile back on XBOX live. Perhaps you could log into my account Cory, and send him another? I'm pretty sure he uses his xbox fairly often. As for Battle Cry, Pugsly, and Waaar; I am friends with them on facebook so a simple message may get them to stop by! Enasepth sent me a message awhile back (without a friend request) and he basically said he just wanted to make an appearance. So, I'm not completely sure what he meant or how to reach him.
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:22 pm

I sent him a message Skye, he didn't answer unfortunately. I did notice L33tSmasher was on today...which is good. I'd really like to know where Pugs and Waaar are though...they were such a HUGE part of this site, it's not the same without them.

Btw, we had our first rounds of brawl since we all came back the other day...just as fun as I remember. Wink

2000th post, btw!!

Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:00 pm

I've had the occasional chat with Tyler in the last year or so. Last I checked, he didn't have Internet at home and could only get on at his Library/hotspots.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:23 am

Well, at the very least he popped in today. Hope he'll stick around...I remember having a lot of fun talking with him.

Btw, just throwing this out there...just want to gauge people's feelings, as it just popped into my mind...but, how does everyone feel about the color scheme? Are we in the mood for change? I do like the colors here, but I can't fix the color of the bars above the forum topics on the main page, and it's getting annoying. I've also heard some talk that the color scheme is getting old. Opinions?

Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3626

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:29 am

Forsaken Pride 44 wrote:
Well, at the very least he popped in today. Hope he'll stick around...I remember having a lot of fun talking with him.

Btw, just throwing this out there...just want to gauge people's feelings, as it just popped into my mind...but, how does everyone feel about the color scheme? Are we in the mood for change? I do like the colors here, but I can't fix the color of the bars above the forum topics on the main page, and it's getting annoying. I've also heard some talk that the color scheme is getting old. Opinions?

well that sucks i was going to mention that to ya as far as main color i think its fine but that is just me

TreISGood

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:40 am

Forsaken Pride 44 wrote:

I've been subtle about it until now, but hell, I'm just going to say it.

The color scheme sucks -expletive-. It's such a boring, bland color combination and just gives the feeling of a graveyard. All black isn't a good color for a community. Everything feels so dead and it gives an almost immediate sense of boredom when coming to the site. Colors really do affect emotions and I find it hard to even post on threads with color schemes like this. Even all white would work better.

Bright, vibrant colors are better than dark, dreary, as brighter colors will perk you up and darker colors will give a feeling of gloom.

I've been dusted off every time I've brought up the horrendous color scheme of the site every single time with "Oh, I'm busy" and "Oh, I've got a lot on my plate right now", but come on, I've tooled around with these kinds of forums before and selecting an entirely new theme can be done in 3-4 minutes, and that's if you didn't know how to do it going in; and if you know enough about the forum that you can go in and individually ban several members, change the chatbox, and even change it from it's original blue color scheme, you can easily change the color scheme again.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:25 am

I personally don't mind the grey. It is my favorite color to be honest. However, if you feel the need to change the color scheme and if you've the time and ability to do it, I'm with you all the way Smile
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:27 pm

@Roy & Tre - The last couple of posts have been deleted for being off-topic and provacative. I've left Tre's original because, while I personally disagree with him, it IS on topic. If you wish to continue, please stick to Private Messaging so the rest of us don't have to wade through all the mud.

Thank you.

R.I.P.qjr!

Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:23 am

So..is Tre the only one who feels that there should be any sort of color scheme change? I don't feel strongly either way...I just want to know what everyone else thinks. I'll go with popular opinion on this one.

Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:45 am

Regardless of the actual colour scheme, I'd just like to see some consistency in the colouring.

Currently, we have a grey background, orange links, white text in posts and sigs, blue text in other parts of the page, the "Now Playing" field is in green for ostensibly no reason whatsoever, and then there's other pieces of text that are grey.

Whether it sticks with grey or not — and I have no problem with a dark colour scheme; countless other websites use it and it works fine — I'd at least like some semblance of uniformity.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Ok...so I had internet problems these past 10 days or so...and now I come to a site that bears no resemblance to FTW...anyone care to explain what the heck is going on around here? And what's all this drama with Tre? Geez, can't we just talk about games without any drama?

Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:41 pm

I'm going to assume you don't like the new color scheme then? Razz

As far as Tre goes, there is no drama going on, at least not between me and him. I've actually managed to sit down and talk to him on the chat a few days ago. He's a pretty cool guy once you get to know him. Anything else is all up on the other members which I've no explanation for. You would have to look up at some of the posts and personally confront those individuals who in fact do show aggression towards him. Or just ask Tre himself. I'm sure he'll have no qualms telling you what's what.

Also, as you may have noticed, the site has changed. Most of it is cosmetic but I've also taken the liberty to change certain settings to prevent guests from posting SPAM threads. When you took off, there had been an increase in Spam activity. I only took action at the request of several members. While I was at it, I decided to change the color scheme. I noticed that prior to the change, there were missing icons and several other things I needed to change to get the site back into a respectable state. As Roy said, there were a lot of consistency problems within the original look. I've recieved a lot of positive feedback on the new look and considering that there were members eager to have a new scheme, I took action. You're free to change the scheme as you see fit soon afterwards. With your long absence, I honestly thought you had too much on your hands to return anytime soon, which is why I didn't try getting in touch with you either.

Last edited by Blitzsword on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:37 pm

@Forsaken - It's good to see you're back! Sorry to hear about your internet problems. That always sucks.

Personally, I've gotten to like the new color sceme, though it took getting used to.

As near as I can tell, the drama with Tre is over. At least he's been here multiple times, and I've heard he's regularly on the chat, so hopefully things have blow over.

R.I.P.qjr!

Back to top Go down
TreISGood

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:
@Forsaken - It's good to see you're back! Sorry to hear about your internet problems. That always sucks.

Personally, I've gotten to like the new color sceme, though it took getting used to.

As near as I can tell, the drama with Tre is over. At least he's been here multiple times, and I've heard he's regularly on the chat, so hopefully things have blow over.

Still getting email alerts for this thread...

I still drop by to see if certain members have made a return, but overall I'm done with this site. I've only been on the chat once since I announced my leaving, and that was in a conversation with Luis.

It's not really drama per say, but I do have my reasons.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:54 am

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back you guys. Been on vacation, job hunting, living my extraordinarily exciting life... Rolling Eyes

I actually don't mind the changes Luis, and I really am glad you took the initiative and utilized the abilities I gave you. One caveat though...I really don't think the old banner works with the new background. I know Skye disagrees with me completely, but I think a new banner with a lighter colors and a sleeker look would match the theme of the site. But of course, it's not THAT big a deal...I'm just thinking out loud.

It's too bad to see Tre leave, had some great conversations with you man...enjoyed having you around since I came back. Hope you have good luck with that girl of yours. Wink

I should mention to you guys that I can't be on all the time like I used to be way back in the good old days. I'll try to be on a few times a week if possible, but don't expect me every day. And just because I'm not here every day doesn't mean the site has to "die" over and over again. I'm not trying to sound arrogant or anything, but it just seems like when I'm gone, the site just drops dead. Am I wrong? This place is here to enjoy...try not to worry about the "health" of the site...just enjoy it. If everyone enjoys themselves, the site will naturally be healthy based upon everyone's mutual happiness. You really don't me to enjoy yourselves...you're a great group and are really more entertaining than I am...

I'll try to do some posting. Oh, and if anyone wants to chat, you're welcome to just PM me. Luis and Jody, I know you both have my number...why not just text me? I'll pop on if I know you want to talk.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   

Back to top Go down

FTW Website Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next