The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 

Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
l33tsmasher

Number of posts : 221

PostSubject: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:02 pm

idk but ive been hearing and reading some things lately that sony is going to have their members pay to play online. and i am definantly NOT looking forward towards that... seriously...

but i also heard that sony is making a "premium" online, which people CAN get if they want... but im not sure if thats true either...

is sony really getting rid of their big "hook" about the ps3?! or is it just a rumor?...
Back to top Go down
Guest 23

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Sony can F@%&# themselves if they pull that. I swear that's the only thing that makes it worth buying over the 360, since most of their exclusives are crap.
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:34 pm

I definetly think will do this. They finally have a somewhat of an edge over Microsoft and Nintendo so why not make some money as well? Yeah, it's gonna happen but I'm not sure about that premium service thing though...
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3626

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:41 pm

i read about the premium service rumor and there are different levels of it you can pay a one time offer of like 50$ i believe but you can get up to 6 classic PS1 games. let me find link

StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3626

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:47 pm

found it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ChocoboK

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:50 pm

I don't understand why everyone's going so crazy over this. Every site I go to it's the same pissing and moaning. You know what? You're enjoying a damn good service, and you only get what you pay for. 360 owners are paying for their service, it's only fair this is how it's going to be. What would you do if u were in Sony's shoes, I mean honestly??
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:52 pm

It's a premium service that is optional for those who want to upgrade. The free online service that we PS3 users have up to this point will remain as is so you have nothing to worry about; unless you want to upgrade. Either way, from what I hear about this premium service, I've no incentative to upgrade. I'm fine with what I've got for now.
Back to top Go down
l33tsmasher

Number of posts : 221

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:24 pm

ChocoboK wrote:
I don't understand why everyone's going so crazy over this. Every site I go to it's the same pissing and moaning. You know what? You're enjoying a damn good service, and you only get what you pay for. 360 owners are paying for their service, it's only fair this is how it's going to be. What would you do if u were in Sony's shoes, I mean honestly??

well i get what your saying... but the only problem is that, i dont want to pay for what im already paying for... you have to pay for internet, dont you? then if sony does this, then itll make it so you have to pay even more. but i guess itll be all ok... as long as sony doesnt make it more expensive than xbox, then i can deal...

firegremlin wrote:
I definetly think will do this. They finally have a somewhat of an edge over Microsoft and Nintendo so why not make some money as well? Yeah, it's gonna happen but I'm not sure about that premium service thing though...

but like gremlin said, if their over microsoft and nintendo, why mess that up for them?! by doing this, wont sales probably go down a little and everyone just switch to microsoft? i mean, yeah sony's got some good "exclusives" but microsofts got even better... im a sony fan admitting that microsoft has SOME better games... so im dead serious xD
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 pm

If its merely an optional upgrade, I don't really see what the problem is. I'm not sure I'd want to pay $50 for it, even if it does include 6 PS1 games, but what I'm worried that Sony's appetite will not be satisfied as time goes by. This may be the beginning of an unpopular trend...

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?   

Back to top Go down

Sony soon joining the "pay to play online" market?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1