The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 

Kirby: Epic Yarn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Kirby: Epic Yarn   Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:01 pm

I was kind of confused at first on this one. It's kind of a strange idea. But then again i could see myself playing it! Any thoughts on this game feel free to post em!
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Kirby: Epic Yarn   Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm not sure, I think they did a nice job with the style of it...but i'm not sure I necessarily love the style either. Still, this is Sakurai we're talking about here, so I'm sure it will be high quality. It is nice to see the return of Kirby after all of these years, but I've heard some say he won't have his traditional suck ability...don't know if that's the case, but it would kind of be a let-down if it were true.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3626

PostSubject: Re: Kirby: Epic Yarn   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:03 pm

its true he is made of yarn and uses yarn to capture enemies as seen here

kind of reminds me of paper mario in a way. i would of like to of seen a 3-D kirby like kirby 64

guest 48

PostSubject: Re: Kirby: Epic Yarn   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:55 pm

this game reminds me of yoshi's story on N64
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Kirby: Epic Yarn   Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Indeed, the game seems very reminiscent of the style of Yoshi's Story. Even if the game was very easy, I loved it to death as a kid. I might at least rent Kirby's Epic Yarn sometime for a feeling of nostalgia. I've only played Kirby 64 too so I'm not sure if this is a good place to begin my experience with the series again, but it does look fun so far. Wonder if we'll get to see other famous Kirby characters (King Dedede and Metaknight) in the same style.

If Kirby doesn't have his suck ability though...I would agree, that's sort of a let down. That's a big trademark of his, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Kirby: Epic Yarn   Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Ah, the memories! Btw, good to see you Everlong! It's been a while! Yoshi's Story was a favorite of mine back in the N64 days. I'll also have to agree with Guest 48 on this one; the style is very reminiscent of Yoshi's Story. I'll have to wait and see more of this game though, since I'm no Kirby fan. Still, it does have potential.
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Kirby: Epic Yarn   Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Blitzsword wrote:
Ah, the memories! Btw, good to see you Everlong! It's been a while! Yoshi's Story was a favorite of mine back in the N64 days. I'll also have to agree with Guest 48 on this one; the style is very reminiscent of Yoshi's Story. I'll have to wait and see more of this game though, since I'm no Kirby fan. Still, it does have potential.
Good to see you too, Blitz. It's been a long time! I apologize I just off and disappeared like I did; I just got the 'FTW rebirth' PM a day ago, so I decided to come back and hang out with everyone. I'll try not to go off like that again!

Indeed, I'm not the biggest Kirby fan either; as I said, I've only played Kirby 64 and didn't really feel the want to explore much more of the series (though, hey, I could be missing out - any Kirby fans out there?). At the very least I think this is probably worth a rent to kill a few hours with; can't hurt anyway. It's certainly a nice bonus for this year's E3 and I'm glad Nintendo's listening to Kirby's fans; there are other games I'm looking at ahead of this, but it's almost certainly on my radar.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Kirby: Epic Yarn   Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Everlong wrote:
Blitzsword wrote:
Good to see you too, Blitz. It's been a long time! I apologize I just off and disappeared like I did; I just got the 'FTW rebirth' PM a day ago, so I decided to come back and hang out with everyone. I'll try not to go off like that again!

Indeed, I'm not the biggest Kirby fan either; as I said, I've only played Kirby 64 and didn't really feel the want to explore much more of the series (though, hey, I could be missing out - any Kirby fans out there?). At the very least I think this is probably worth a rent to kill a few hours with; can't hurt anyway. It's certainly a nice bonus for this year's E3 and I'm glad Nintendo's listening to Kirby's fans; there are other games I'm looking at ahead of this, but it's almost certainly on my radar.

Not a problem bro! I disappeared as well for months. Life gets in the way sometimes.

But I agree, Nintendo is truly listening to its fans this time around and have made it apparent through this year's showing at E3. I was expecting only to hear more of Mario, Metroid, and Zelda, but they brought in Kirby, DK, and Kid Icarus. Its truly something to think about and to be grateful at the same time. I'd certainly love to hear from Kirby fans to see what they think of this new iteration of the franchise. Smile
Back to top Go down
l33tsmasher

Number of posts : 221

PostSubject: Re: Kirby: Epic Yarn   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Everlong wrote:
Indeed, the game seems very reminiscent of the style of Yoshi's Story. Even if the game was very easy, I loved it to death as a kid. I might at least rent Kirby's Epic Yarn sometime for a feeling of nostalgia. I've only played Kirby 64 too so I'm not sure if this is a good place to begin my experience with the series again, but it does look fun so far. Wonder if we'll get to see other famous Kirby characters (King Dedede and Metaknight) in the same style.

If Kirby doesn't have his suck ability though...I would agree, that's sort of a let down. That's a big trademark of his, isn't it?

everlong i totaly agree with you dude... first time i saw it i was like, "this looks totaly sweet! i friggin love kirby!!" and then i saw that he didnt copy ANY abilities o.o... it made me disappointed because i love kirby and him without the copy ability is like mario without fire power... but ill definantly rent this for sure! but when i get a wii, its definantly ganna be on the games ill buy but its not ganna be way up there. you know?

but enough whining, im very glad nintendo decided to make a new kirby game cuz its been a while... but what i was REALLY expecting at e3 was a better star fox game xD but kirby will surfice :3
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Kirby: Epic Yarn   Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:35 pm

I've never been a big Kirby gamer, so I doubt I'll be picking this one up. Still, I think the art style is rather interesting, and isn't completely out of place in a Kirby game. I also really liked Yoshi's story and its worlds, so I'm kind of interested in seeing where the art direction in this game ends up going.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirby: Epic Yarn   

Back to top Go down

Kirby: Epic Yarn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1