The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!
 
HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

» Woooooow! I bet no one remembers your 105 year old member :(
Fri May 02, 2014 1:21 am by SmashedBrother

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18060 messages in 766 subjects

Share | 
 

 Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
firegremlin

avatar

Number of posts : 2244
Age : 23

PostSubject: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Games coming out this year:
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3
The Legend Zelda: Skyward Sword
Halo 4
Gears of War 3
Bioshock Infinite
Uncharted 3 (for the PS3 users)
Batman: Arkham City
Resistance 3
Dead Island
Rage
Saints Row: The Third
Sonic Generations

I'm pretty sure there's more than that, but these are all I can think of at the moment.

Now, I won't be getting all of the above, I highly doubt anyone will be; this is just crazy. Why so many in these 4 months?

My question is this - what games do you plan on getting this? I hope to buy Skyrim, AC:R, Halo: CE Anniversary, Halo 4, maybe Sonic Generations not to mention all the games that are already out that I need to catch up with.


Last edited by firegremlin on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:21 pm

The sad thing is, that's not even half of it. My wallet weeps since it knows it's going to get raped this fall.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

avatar

Number of posts : 2366
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Half of the games there are shooter games
And here thought this was a site that wasn't much popular in that field Rolling Eyes

But yeah I intend to get a few of those shooting games myself but since we share the games with my bro on the PS3 it will help
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
firegremlin

avatar

Number of posts : 2244
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:03 pm

waaar81 wrote:
Half of the games there are shooter games
And here thought this was a site that wasn't much popular in that field Rolling Eyes

But yeah I intend to get a few of those shooting games myself but since we share the games with my bro on the PS3 it will help

haha, I just down every big game that I could remember assuming that some poeple will like the shooters.
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:10 pm

firegremlin wrote:
Games coming out this year:
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3
The Legend Zelda: Skyward Sword
Halo 4
Gears of War 3
Bioshock Infinite
Uncharted 3 (for the PS3 users)
Batman: Arkham City
Resistance 3
Dead Island
Rage
Saints Row: The Third
Sonic Generations

I'm pretty sure there's more than that, but these are all I can think of at the moment.

Now, I won't be getting all of the above, I highly doubt anyone will be; this is just crazy. Why so many in these 4 months?

My question is this - what games do you plan on getting this? I hope to buy Skyrim, AC:R, Halo: CE Anniversary, Halo 4, maybe Sonic Generations not to mention all the games that are already out that I need to catch up with.

Halo 4 and Bioshock infinite aren't coming out until mid to late 2012. You are misinformed.

Anyways, a lot of those games aren't for everyone. I certainly am not going to buy Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Dead Island (That game looks absolutely horrendous), Assassin's Creed or Saint's Row. Or even Halo CEA, for that matter, as the multiplayer maps will be released as DLC, and as single player outings I can get Rage and Skyrim at any time without missing out.

So in reality, I'm only buying Gears 3, BF3, Batman, and MW3, so 240 bucks in total for the rest of the year.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:35 am

Yes, take Bioshock Infinite off that list (sadly) along with Halo 4 and replace them with Silent Hill:Downpour and Dark Souls, both of which I'll likely buy, especially since the latter got Blitz's endorsement. Wink

It's quite the fall season, and it's going to be even more painful if I do take the plunge and buy the PS3, for which I'd like to get into the Uncharted and Resistance franchises. Naturally, Skyward Sword is on the list (more than likely my last purchase for the Wii).

And I will agree with Tre...the trailer for Dead Island caused a lot of clamor about the game, but the game itself looks like garbage.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
Everlong

avatar

Number of posts : 156
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:42 am

For me, it'll probably be Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, BioShock Infinite and...well, I dunno, I suppose I might try out Sonic Generations at some point, even if it's basically meant to be a nostalgia-fest. Resistance 3 (though I have to beat the 2nd game) or Uncharted 3 (need to get started on this series before anything else!) - probably not for a good while yet. The Halo 1 remake may be worth a rent, at least. That new Kirby game might be as well if I think the reviews are positive enough.

I'll wait for the Wii U version of Batman: Arkham City, to be quite honest, as with many other multiplatform titles until its release. And is Dead Island really looking that bad? I'm majorly bummed; I was kind of excited for the concept of a sandbox zombie game...


Last edited by Everlong on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2293
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:00 am

Is the new Sonic a return to the original style of gameplay? If so, that may be worth a rent. I forgot about Kirby, but I've never really been into the franchise to be honest.

As for Dead Island, the trailer caught my eye due to it's dramatic and seemingly desperate nature...however, I was shocked upon watching the videos. It's not that the gameplay or anything look that bad per se, but that it really doesn't look at all frightening, desperate, or really all that interesting to be quite blunt. It looks more or less like a missions-based game, more than a survival game...or a horror game, for that matter.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
--Arrogance is Weakness
In order to possess pride, you must first possess shame.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.one-forum.net
TreISGood

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 am

Forsaken Lament 44 wrote:
Is the new Sonic a return to the original style of gameplay? If so, that may be worth a rent. I forgot about Kirby, but I've never really been into the franchise to be honest.

As for Dead Island, the trailer caught my eye due to it's dramatic and seemingly desperate nature...however, I was shocked upon watching the videos. It's not that the gameplay or anything look that bad per se, but that it really doesn't look at all frightening, desperate, or really all that interesting to be quite blunt. It looks more or less like a missions-based game, more than a survival game...or a horror game, for that matter.

Not to mention the voice acting is just terrible... I'm not usually a racy kinda guy, but when the clearly Australian older man opens his mouth and sounds like a 12 year old black kid something is wrong...

Oh, and the new Sonic has 2D and 3D, with each level playable in both forms, so if you want it to be a return to the original style it pretty much is.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:30 am

Forsaken Lament 44 wrote:
Is the new Sonic a return to the original style of gameplay? If so, that may be worth a rent. I forgot about Kirby, but I've never really been into the franchise to be honest.

you know if you wanted the original sonic gameplay and did not want to pay 50-60 dollars try sonic 4 for...1200 MSPoints?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
frozentreasure

avatar

Number of posts : 294
Age : 117

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:35 am

Or just get the originals on Virtual Console.
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
TreISGood

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:43 am

frozentreasure wrote:
Or just get the originals on Virtual Console.

Originals? On virtual console? What?
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:26 pm

here are the games i want

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Assassin's Creed Revelations
The Legend Zelda: Skyward Sword
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3
Batman: Arkham City
Saints Row: The Third
Sonic Generations (maybe)
Kirby Wii
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D
Mario Kart 3DS

guess i will need that 2nd or 3rd job for all that

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Blitzsword
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Nice wants Jody! Here are some of mine:

-Batman: Arkham City
-Uncharted 3
-Dark Souls
-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
-Street Fighter X Tekken*
-Soul Calibur V* (May wait for the Wii U version if Link is announced)
-Final Fantasy XIII-2
-Starfox 64 3DS
-Tean ICO's HD Collection
-Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII*

*I know some of them aren't coming out until next year.
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Doppelgänger24 wrote:
here are the games i want

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Assassin's Creed Revelations
The Legend Zelda: Skyward Sword
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3
Batman: Arkham City
Saints Row: The Third
Sonic Generations (maybe)
Kirby Wii
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D
Mario Kart 3DS

guess i will need that 2nd or 3rd job for all that

You have a 360? We should play Gears together if you're any good.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:21 pm

TreISGood wrote:
You have a 360? We should play Gears together if you're any good.

you be the judge

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
TreISGood

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Doppelgänger24 wrote:
TreISGood wrote:
You have a 360? We should play Gears together if you're any good.

you be the judge

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sawed off + Retro is a pretty uncommon weapon combo from my experiences. You seem pretty good, though. The only thing I notice in that video is you not taking full advantage of the Retro's Charge and the Slash you get when not charging, which can do a lot of damage.

I use the Lancer and the Gnasher. What all did you unlock for retail during the beta?
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:09 pm

TreISGood wrote:
Sawed off + Retro is a pretty uncommon weapon combo from my experiences. You seem pretty good, though. The only thing I notice in that video is you not taking full advantage of the Retro's Charge and the Slash you get when not charging, which can do a lot of damage.

I use the Lancer and the Gnasher. What all did you unlock for retail during the beta?

well that was just one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that one is not as good

i unlocked every thing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
TreISGood

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Doppelgänger24 wrote:
TreISGood wrote:
Sawed off + Retro is a pretty uncommon weapon combo from my experiences. You seem pretty good, though. The only thing I notice in that video is you not taking full advantage of the Retro's Charge and the Slash you get when not charging, which can do a lot of damage.

I use the Lancer and the Gnasher. What all did you unlock for retail during the beta?

well that was just one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that one is not as good

i unlocked every thing

That's not bad.

My main thing is I don't really want to play with people who can't grasp the concept of Gears at all. You know the ones- run at the enemy blindly with their chainsaw revved up or try to shoot me at medium-long range with their gnasher.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 3626
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:33 pm

if you really wanted to see how good i am check my gamer score Wink

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
firegremlin

avatar

Number of posts : 2244
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:34 pm

I don't usually care in other topics but since this is mine I feel I'm in charge. Can we stay on topic please?...I feel so grown up
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Doppelgänger24 wrote:
if you really wanted to see how good i am check my gamer score Wink

Eh, Gamerscore doesn't really mean much... I've barely got a 3000 gamerscore, but that's just because I've only played Reach and Black Ops on that account.

firegremlin wrote:
I don't usually care in other topics but since this is mine I feel I'm in charge. Can we stay on topic please?...I feel so grown up

No. Just be happy your thread is alive. We can only talk about the original topic for so long before we trail off, and forums that are strict about this really don't last very long. Go to any major forum and show me a post where nobody goes off topic. Exactly.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

avatar

Number of posts : 294
Age : 117

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:13 pm

See, Battlefield 3 would be something that I'd go for if EA weren't a bunch of twats. I'm certainly not going to play it on a console; and I'm not going to let EA take a massive pile of personal information from me.

Which is a shame. I mean, I know my eldest brother will end up getting a copy for 360 after I show him a trailer for it, but it's not going to get me to play it; they're inferior copies.
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
firegremlin

avatar

Number of posts : 2244
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Why won't you play it on consoles?
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:26 pm

firegremlin wrote:
Why won't you play it on consoles?

EA has their own servers that ask for your E-mail, name, (I think) your phone number, and your adress (I think). Nothing really serious, but I know a lot of people aren't very happy with that..

Not to mention the EA online pass... Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year   

Back to top Go down
 
Why we'll all be broke by the end of the year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» I just broke my own TV.
» So. FusionFall. YOU BROKE MY HEART!
» Lol my bad, i broke the rank titles
» An idiotic Rac.ist broke chat
» I broke down

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: The Arcade :: FTW Gaming Lounge-
Jump to: